Here’s a video compilation of our long trip back to Minnesota from Port Elizabeth. We flew from PE to Johannesburg. From Johannesburg we flew into Dulles (Washington, DC). Then we got a shuttle from Dulles to National Airport to avoid a 12-hour layover. Then from National we flew into Minneapolis.
Tag Archives: reverse culture shock
Moments of culture-shock durning first day being back in the States:
1) Just hearing one language, my ears are bored
2) How loud the commercials and TV shows are. It seems like everything is on level 10 and stays there
3) I keep going to the wrong side of the vehicle
4) No one is walking, I’m used to seeing many people walking to work, school, the store, and even on the highways people are walking
5) Where are the combies??? Seriously, I miss these guys.
6) Going to the grocery store made my eyes vibrate. All of our packaging is SO bright!
7) Wastefulness is everywhere
8) Americans really are loud
9) Our vehicles are huge
10) I’m handling US money like foreign currency